Friday, January 22, 2016

New Developments

"アメリカ人が脂肪と愚かです。" -となりのサインフェルド

Takumi finally got rid of the AE86. The repair estimate for the engine was more than he was
willing to part with. We spent most of last week stripping her out for parts before having her
put on a truck headed for the scrap yard yesterday. He made a good amount of money for
everything, once I found buyers for the parts. There are a lot of amateur street racers out here
that will pay full freight for even the most insignificant of components. Takumi has been
shopping around for a new car that he can use for "the next thing" as he calls it.

From what I've gathered, he's looking at a Toyota GT86 or a Lancer Evolution X. Either would
be an interesting choice. Honestly, I'd be happier if he would move on to professional racing
instead of using up his own money to build a street car. We'll see what happens.



In other news, a "crew" from the US has been reportedly tearing up the Tokyo racing/drifting
teams. They posted a challenge to Project D on their website, but since the team has
disbanded, I don't know how anybody is going to answer. Takumi has his own opinion on the
matter, but he won't tell me anything. I will update as soon as I know what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment