Sunday, July 28, 2013

Deliveries Returning Soon

We have a new engine for the car, and my son was kind enough to donate funds to purchase it. You have no idea how hard it is to find a solid running engine for an old car like this. I wanted something that could withstand the foolish little mistakes the kid keeps making with it longer than the original engine, and I nailed one down after making a few phone calls to friends in the business. The engine is already in the car, but I'm not satisfied with it just yet. It handles roughly right now, so we're going through some aches and pains (literally) trying to tame it enough that it can be driven safely. Think of it like breaking a wild horse. And my poor old knees.

Recently, I've had a few kids come in asking me to give them tips and tricks for driving down the mountain roads "as fast as possible". Why would anybody want to throw their life away so recklessly, and why are they asking me of all people? My advice: mind the corners, mind oncoming cars, and mind traffic law. Anybody stupid enough to race around that road is bound to be discovered in a burning wreck the next morning. You could hit a guardrail, or get caught in the rain gutters. Both options result in a hefty repair bill, so why risk it out there? In my day, we passed time chasing girls, not a time record on an old mountain road. Half of these kids would have their own kids by now, if they were real men.

Speaking of real men, I'm not a street racer and never was, because that's for little boys. Get out of my store, you crazy kids! Who keeps coming up with these rumors that I raced cars? You've got the wrong guy! Just because I know a thing or two about cars, and happen to have just purchased a newer car that looks like a racing car (still waiting on delivery) doesn't mean that I have anything to do with racing.


Can't I just like nice cars?

No comments:

Post a Comment