Monday, July 29, 2013

New Car, New Problems

The old hatchback has returned to the road with new life under the hood, after a lot of tweaks and probably a pint of blood lost from my knees during testing. The thing can turn a lot better than it used to, so much that I had to pin my leg to the side of the car just to stay planted in the seat while turning. The g-forces were that crazy. The kid took it for a few runs. He seems to be having problems getting it to the hotels for delivery and back home in the same timeframe as he used to in the old car. What gives? It turns out, he confessed that he, quote, "can't drive it fast because it behaves differently". I think I found my secret weapon to keep the kid from racing cars anymore: just give him the keys to a car he doesn't know how to drive.

All the same, time is money. I "forgot" to add a key part to the car that would allow it to go faster than a set limit,specifically to stop the kid dead in his tracks if he wanted to goof off and try to race it again. Maybe he'll figure out, maybe not. So long as deliveries are made, I'm happy.

I'm going to make a small admission. I used to be involved in racing. I won't say how involved, since I know the police can see this webpage, but I have extensive knowledge of the sport. However, I wasn't in Akina at the time, so I still have nothing to do with the apparently infamous Bunta Fujiwara that used to tear down the mountain roads with his eyes closed... oh, those were the days...

Wait, where was I? Oh yeah. Damn kids and their backwards caps.

No comments:

Post a Comment